November 4, 2001
(This post is from my old, old, super old site. My views have changed over the years, hopefully my writing has improved, and there is now more than a handful of folks reading my site. Enjoy.)
Whoa. Climbing was badass this weekend. I'm super tired now, but I'll write down what I did so I won't forget... (Oh- this was down at Jackson Fall's, Ill)
Over the day and a half that I was there, I did 19 climbs- here they are in order.
- Unkown 5.8 lead (warmup)
- Fragile Egos / Into the sun - 5.10d tr 1 hang
- The drifter 5.11a tr
- American Handgunner 5.12a tr (we thought it was a 5.11) a couple of hangs on this one - tr.
- Blue Velvet 5.11d tr (1 freaken hang that wasn't even on the crux! my dumb fault that I fell)
- Express Checkout Lane 5.10a lead
- Unknown 5.10 lead
- 1/2 of "The bolted one" 5.11d (got up to the crux, neither Ryan or I passed it. He lead up to it, I just top roped)
- Unknown 5.10a lead
- Unknown 5.10 tr (one hang)
- Psychotherapy 5.10c tr (a couple of hangs)
- Group Therapy 5.10b tr
- Fine Nine 5.9 lead
- Lovely Arete 5.11a tr
- Hidden Treasure 5.12a tr - a bunch of hangs- but I made all the moves!
- Velvet Green 5.12.a tr - freaken hard climb that I had to grab a couple of draws on to finish.
- Master Marley 5.10a lead.
- The Stain 5.11d tr- a couple of hangs, but I made all the moves
- Fancy Feet 5.11a tr- this one was pretty hard, especially since I was so tired, a bunch of hangs.
It was a great weekend.