Saturday, July 23rd, 2005
I find myself thinking of new entries to post here, but I never do since I'm not sure exactly who my audience is anymore. So entries like "The thai basil seeds I planted are finally coming up, and I've got about 100 little cilantro plants now!" never make it up here. And on the opposite side entries like "Holy crap, I just had a little brainstorm on how to get around the problem on not being able to add entries to the entries from DefaultKeybindings.plist selectors at runtime! w00t new feature for VoodooPad 2.1!" never see the light of day. What's grandma going to get out of those?
I think the answer is that I'm going to have to implement categories to my little blog system. So maybe people who want to only listen to comp.sys.programming type entries can, and those who don't care won't... or at least it'll make it easier to skip over.
So with that in mind- here's some randomness for you:
- Writing documentation when you are drinking is the only way to go. Trust me on this one. It'll add the little bit o' humor that you need, and that wouldn't be there if you were sober. However, make sure to spell check the day after.
- The thai basil seeds I planted are finally coming up, and I've got about 100 little cilantro plants now! ... I just need to figure out where to put them all. Time to build a very large planter.
- I've been spoiled by the weather in Seattle- upper 70's, low 80's. Blue sky, scattered white fully clouds. Who knew?
- Just subclass NSApplication and override sendEvent:, DUH. Make a dictionary based lookup for the selectors based on the modifier keys of the event. (Geeze, and now getting up the never to ask that question/give the feedback at WWDC was almost all for nothing).
- I don't think we're ever going to see a standard wiki markup format. Is this good or bad? (But if we do, I hope it's based on textile. All you markdown lovers can start throwing rotten fruit now.)
- Brent- I just remembered, you still owe me dinner. (Well, not really owe.. but failing that we still need to go to a bar or something.)
- I sort of miss working with pdflib and working on a layout engine. But not that much.
- 18 dollars for 2 freaking movie tickets?!?!?! WTF? AND ADS? Double WTF? No wonder I don't go to the movies anymore. That's the cost of a single DVD.
- Mike Ash gave me a high-five today on #macdev. Writing Cocoa/Mac OS X programs full time is better and more fun than it sounds.
- Kirstin has taken over payroll for Flying Meat Inc. Which is probably a good thing since I have yet to pay myself at all this year.
- FlySketch is on track to be done somewhere around the end of this month. Oh... um, jinx. Dagnebit.
- I hate phpBB. Don't be surprised if I just delete the FM forums one day out of spite.
- Wil Shipley never wrote me back. But I found out what "Extreme Gardening" was all about in this interview anyway.
- It came as a shock to me that tomorrow is Saturday. When working for yourself weekends become meaningless. In fact, the whole concept of naming the days of the week or it having a beginning and an end is just pointless.
- Ok, I'm all done now
-- posted 12:06 am