Tuesday, June 13th, 2006
Want a free upgrade to VoodooPad when it's released? If you've got a document that isn't upgraded correctly (like a page is missing somehow, or missing attributes or whatever), and you can send the document to me so I can reproduce the problem on my system, then you'll get VP3 for free (a 29.95 dollar value!).
It should be pretty painless to do- even if you don't want to use VP3 during the beta period, I would appreciate it if you could try upgrading your document. The VP2.5 file isn't changed at all, and you can keep on using it after the test. So effectively- download VP3, upgrade the file, poke around to make sure everything is there, quit VP3 and throw it away.
As usual, backup your documents before using this or any other release.
As well, if you have a bug to report- don't hold back on me, now is the time to report it!
Here's the major new fixes/enhancemnts in this release:
- New document property for new pages to be plain text.
- Backlinks now include aliases to the current page.
- Downloading injected files from the webserver now gives a sane filename.
- New pref to turn back on the startup window at launch.
- Aliases are now copied out with an item on a document split.
- Made some performance enhancements for documents with lots and lots of categories.
- Fixed the keyboard shortcut for copy ruler.
- Fixed a problem where backlinks were not showing up for some people.
- Links in search results now work.
- The delete button is now disabled for the search tab.
- Palettes now act a little nicer when moving in and out of full screen mode.
- "Show all Palettes" actually ... shows all palettes. (Amazing!)
- Fixed an issue where titles where not showing up in pages when viewed in the browser (VPPro only).
- Fixed a problem where html comments were showing up in the title for category pages in web export
And here are the links:
-- posted 9:58 pm