Thursday, August 3rd, 2006
Take me to WWDC! Mike McCracken WWDC flashcards!!
"This card may also be appropriate just after seeing the amazing demo of Apple's free version of your only product."
It sucks that Mike won't be there this year, but at least this way he'll be there in spirit.
-- posted 11:50 pm
Daniel Jalkut on pricing software.
-- posted 3:08 pm
-- posted 1:28 pm
- Patches for SQLite to hand over to the main distribution to do file locking across samba, afp, and webdav. (Here's why this may be a possibility). And these patches get accepted to the main distribution so I can use it in VP3.
- VMware baked into the OS, and dubbed "Rosetta Extreme" or some crap like that.
- And if that doesn't happen, then I think VMware will finally have a product out for OSX.
- Tabbed Finder! (duh).
- More of the dark iTunes windows (duh).
- Resolution independence, along with some new displays to take advantage of that.
- Some sort of tab control (Brent wants this as well).
- Xcode 3.0 (OMG- 1250MB?!)
- Some fancy new compiler techniques (llvm?), to go along with a new runtime (objc 2.0).
Just a couple of more days...
I was eating dinner this evening with my wife, thinking about next week, and I sort of burst out laughing and shaking my head at the same time.
"What?" she asks.
"Next week is going to be pretty busy and intense" I say.
-- posted 12:10 am