So here are some of my favorite 10.5 features:
- Editing a file name in the Finder doesn't select the file extension automatically. This is awesome.
- The scroll wheel works on non-active windows, woo!
- A mostly unified window look. No more metal!
- You can now drop a folder of images on Preview, and it'll open them all up. True, you could do this in 10.4 by forcing it to happen with the cmd-option keys (I think that's it), but now it just works.
- Time Machine. Now I backup in 3 different locations!
- Quick Look.
- Syntax highlighting of method names in Xcode. Still doesn't do it in the method declaration, but we're getting there. (I miss you CodeWarriror)
- Instruments, another dev tool (formerly known as Xray). Oh, how I love thee, along with the mysterious but powerful dtrace.
- Mail.app now has a message: URL for each message, meaning you can now drag and drop messages to VoodooPad, and VP will link it up (in the upcoming release of VP 3.2.3 anyway).
It's the little things that make this worth it. And Time Machine. I don't want any more emails saying "Gus, I accidently deleted my VoodooPad document - what can you do to get it back...". NO MORE EXCUSES! GO BUY A FAT EXTERNAL DRIVE TODAY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!
Please. Seriously. You'll thank me later.